12 November 2010

allyson mellberg





Flourishing micro organisms cultivate on the skin, as vegetation and organic formations - moody dreamscapes unravel and entice - resting and compromised figures, forlorn and betrothed in tender sweet relations.

When I visited Allyson's Etsy shop recently, I became completely smitten with her paper cuts. I seem to have a thing for hairless androgynous figures at the moment - I have no idea what that's about(!!) - so it's no surprise that I was drawn to buying the top image. It's just beautiful. In contrast to these, her charismatic drawings/paintings are created with a soft palette made from natural pigments/washes such as walnut, spinach, organic paints from the Kremer series and egg tempura - which seems to very much reflect the lifestyle choices she and her artist husband Jeremey Taylor (they often collaborate) make. All incredibly inspiring.

9 comments:

Unknown said...

If there is something organic you always hit me AND I didn't expect that Kremer Pigments are international now, because they come from a tiny spot in south germany. Amazing.

helicopter6 said...

I think I read in the Readymade interview that they're imported into the US from the UK? I haven't looked any further into whether they are available in Australia, or if another company is pursuing similar products.

Kylie said...

Great find! I'm mesmerised by the second one!... must go look :) Kx

annamaria potamiti said...

Another fascinating discovery! I have to visit her shop- thank you for sharing this!XX

SKIZO said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
SKIZO said...

Thank you for sharing
This fabulous work with us
Good creations

Emily Barletta said...

I love this.

parisa mahmoudi said...

Really great,I love it!

helicopter6 said...

Thanks so much for visiting everyone, and I'm so pleased you like her work. The paper cut I bought from her Etsy shop has arrived and it's just GORGEOUS!!!!