11 August 2011

careful... plated love is addictive



Since I can't seem to get my act together to make some work for my Etsy shop (ho hum), I decided to push the ol' inspiration button by creating my first Treasury. I definitely have developed a love of hand painted, hand drawn & stencilled plates, and grouping this little collection was an absolute delight, although far more difficult than I anticipated! And of course... I found myself buying a couple... oops.
But hope is on the horizon! I'm very excited to be having an exhibition in November, so during the next couple of months the creative juices will be flowing to develop a new body of work. Already I'm dramatically overthinking ideas and fastidiously bookmarking images of inspiration. Good lawd I know how to over do this stuff... I've never thought of myself as an obsessive compulsive, but alas!

5 comments:

Kylie said...

It brings out the obsessive compulsive in us all I think! :) Great treasury and good luck planning (and doing!) for your exhibition :) Kx

swinkie said...

love them plates
and tell us more about your show!! and thirdly, pencil in the 10th Sept for an opening reunion. swinkx

belinda marshall said...

i guess you'll be hooked on making treasuries now!! kind of like collage making!
that' really exciting re your exhibition ~ love to hear more about it. have fun getting ready.

annamaria potamiti said...

Oh thank you so much for the beautiful comment- I was afraid to read my comments- I thought all would have forgotten me sfter such a long absence- how sweet to find you there- and I totally adore this treasury- I am going to go and take a closer look- Enjoy your purchases!- and really best wishes for your November show- congrats!!XX

Sandra Eterovic said...

Helen I can definitely see what you mean! Now that you've started it really wouldn't be right to stop. You are a serious collector now...